black mountain chair
When i was young, my dad, who studied architecture, had a book lying around the house from the 70's about furniture that could easily be dismantled and assembled. I spent a lot of my childhood either taking things apart or fixing things and i remember being inspired by that idea. After a long career in music i started building things again and the only space i could afford was the basement of the house i lived in. Along with leaking water and ducking under drain pipes to work down there, my only way of getting in and out of the place was a small 4'x3' hatch. So out of necessity i had to think about how to build things that could fit through that door or be assembled outside.
Packs flat and requires no tools, screws or glue to be assembled.
Black Mountain is named in honour of my grandfather, who i wish i had met. He started Black Mountain Collage in the 30’s.
- Patent Pending
- Handcrafted, welded and powder coated steel frame.
- Solid Walnut and Ebonized walnut. The ebonizing is a natural process by applying a mixture of vinegar and iron shavings that are left over from grinding and cutting the frame.
- Wood is sealed with an all natural food safe mix of oils and waxes (carnauba wax, linseed oil and tung oil). Very durable and brings out the natural warmth of the wood. And smells good.
- Optional Pirelli rubber webbing seat. (yes the same company who makes tires for sports cars.)
- Optional cushions are made from Grid Waxed canvas in (black,grey and oak),100% Danish Kvadrat wool, Velour Corona Orange, and Water Resistant Heavy Weight Natural canvas.
Walnut or Ebonized walnut
Flat wood, leather straps or webbed seat (for upholstery)
White, black, gun metal grey or custom colour powder coated steel frame.
With or without upholstery
Custom made to order. Standard lead time is 6-8 weeks.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and ordering information. I also offer to-the-trade standard discounts.
30"L x 27"W x 30"H.
Armrest height - 24"
Seat front height - 17" (15" w/out cushions)
Seat depth - 19" (21" w/out cushions)